MGS Terms & Conditions
WELCOME TO MGS MUSIC SCHOOL
We are honoured that you have entrusted us with your musical journey. Please take the time to read our terms of business below:
LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
Consistency is key when it comes to gaining the true benefits of taking music lessons. Our commitment is to ensure that all of our students have a chance to experience the powerful and lasting benefits of taking lessons in the first place. Taking lessons on a weekly basis is the best known path to optimal learning.
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to reschedule or receive a make-up lesson.
- If the student cancels on the same day as the lesson or gives less than 24 hours notice, the lesson will be forfeited and there will be no make-up, or refund for that lesson. The payment for the cancelled lesson cannot be applied to future lessons.
- If the student does not provide notice of absence it is considered a No Call/No Show. There are no make-ups or refunds for No Call/No Shows. The payment for the missed lesson cannot be applied to future lessons.
- If you know of dates ahead of time where you/your child cannot make a lesson, please notify us when booking/paying for your lessons.
- There are NO refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
- WHEN YOUR TEACHER CANCELS – In most cases, when your teacher is not available, we will find a suitable substitute teacher and the lesson will continue as regularly scheduled. If your teacher cancels a lesson and we are unable to find a substitute teacher, the student will have a choice to reschedule the lesson or receive a credit for the missed lesson.
CANCELLATION / SUSPENSION OF ENROLMENT
- All students who wish to cancel / suspend their enrolment with MGS MUSIC SCHOOL must give formal notice by submitting the form found on the MGS website:
- A minimum of 7 days notice is required for cancellation. The usual lesson fee will continue to be charged if there is no notice or late notice of cancellation.
- If you choose to take a break, unused lessons can be banked for you for a period of 12 months. Unused lessons after that time will be considered forfeited. There are NO refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
LESSON FEES/ INVOICING / LATE FEES
- Lesson fees are invoiced per school term (Approximately 10 lessons per term)
- New students can pay week by week for the first 3 consecutive weeks. After the 3 week period, if you are happy to continue your lessons, we will send you an invoice for the remaining lessons of the term.
- Invoices are emailed to parents/students at the beginning of the Term and are payable by the due date
- A $1 daily late fee will be charged, starting on the 2nd late day and every day thereafter, until the invoice is paid in full
- If you require an extension on the due date, please email us and let us know
- Payment methods: Direct Deposit, Credit Card
REFER A FRIEND – we would appreciate it if you could recommend MGS MUSIC to your family and friends. If your contact enrolls, we will give you a $100 credit towards your account as a token of our appreciation. Please remind them to write your name on the referral section of the enrolment form.
CREATIVE KIDS PROVIDER
You can claim your creative kids voucher with MGS MUSIC. To redeem your voucher, please email us the following information, and it will be applied to your tuition fees:
- Voucher Number
- Child’s full name (as it appears on voucher)
- Date of birth
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR LESSON:
- Guitar students can choose to bring their own guitar for their lesson. If you cannot bring your own guitar, a limited number of guitars are available at the school for students to use during the lesson
- Drum students are encouraged to bring their own drum sticks
- Please bring your course book and music sheets to every lesson. We recommend bringing a tablet/laptop to digitally access music sheets and files. If you cannot bring a tablet/laptop, please supply a folder for all your hard copy music sheets and bring the folder to every lesson
MGS CURRICULUM / COURSE BOOKS / EXAMS
MGS MUSIC SCHOOL is the Australian representative and exam centre for the International School of Musicians which offers internationally recognised music examinations in a broad range of instruments and levels from beginner to diploma levels.
Each year, students will be given a course book to work through. Course book fees may apply. Students are encouraged to take part in music examinations to mark their progress, however it is not compulsory.
Exams are live online or recorded. For more information, please visit our website: www.mgsmusic.com.au
If you prefer registering for AMEB Exams or any other examination board, please inform your teacher. A $15 administration & processing fee will be charged in addition to the exam entrance fee.
On occasion, MGS MUSIC SCHOOL will take photo/video footage of students during lesson time or concerts and performances. Footage may be used for promotional or educational purposes. If you would like to be excluded from all photographs, please advise us in writing.
BY ENROLLING AT MGS MUSIC SCHOOL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF BUSINESS OF MGS MUSIC SCHOOL AND YOU AGREE TO PAY YOUR MUSIC TUITION FEES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COURSE BOOKS, EXAMINATION FEES AND LATE FEES (IF APPLICABLE)
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US.